Londonwide LMCs offer a blended learning programme for general practice managers, which has been professionally accredited by the RCGP (Royal College of General Practitioners) and accredited with 110 CPD points with the CPD Standards Office.
Who is it for?
- Those entering general practice for the first time
- Those wishing to update their skills following a break
- Those on a career path within practice (eg, senior receptionist, assistant manager etc) or those who are managers in another field and looking to follow a career in practice management.
How does it work?
The programme is made up of various components:
- Eleven online units with multiple-choice questions
- Three full taught days – one on finance
- One practice-based competency document
- One 3,000 word written project
What does it cover?
- Working in general practice; past, present and future
- The manager and their practice
- Managing people and self-management
- Overview of practice finance
- Regulation and compliance in general practice
- Premises – financial complexities and legal obligations
- Clinical governance and safeguarding
- Service delivery – a climate of finite resources
- The practice-patient interface
- Training practices
- Facilitating and supporting practice development
- You need to be a practice manager, a manager who wishes to work in general practice or someone within general practice aspiring to the role of practice manager, eg, an assistant practice manager or a senior receptionist
- Have an ability to reflect on personal practice
- Be motivated to pursue a career in general practice
- Have access to a mentor who is currently working in general practice as a practice manager
What does it cost?
The cost of the programme is £999 plus VAT for the one-year course. Please note that block booking discounts can be negotiated.