The provider of your care must display their CQC rating in a place where you can see it. They must also include this information on their website and make our latest report on their service available to you.
NATIONAL HEALTH SERVICE, ENGLAND SOCIAL CARE, ENGLAND PUBLIC HEALTH, ENGLAND The Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2014
1. This regulation applies where, and to the extent that, a service provider has received a rating of its performance by the Commission following an assessment of its performance under section 46(1) of the Act (reviews and performance assessments)6.
2. There must be shown on every website maintained by or on behalf of any service provider—
a. the Commission’s website address,
b. the place on the Commission’s website where the most recent assessment of the service provider’s overall performance and of its performance in relation to particular premises or activities may be accessed, and
c. the most recent rating by the Commission of the service provider’s overall performance and of its performance in relation to particular premises or activities, in a way which makes it clear to which activities or premises a particular rating relates.
3. There must be displayed at each premises from which the service provider provides regulated activities at least one sign showing the most recent rating by the Commission that relates to the service provider’s performance at those premises.
4. For the purposes of paragraph (3), where the service provider has not received a rating of its performance at those premises, the rating to be shown is the rating of the service provider’s overall performance.
5. There must be displayed at the service provider’s principal place of business at least one sign showing the most recent rating of—
a. the service provider’s overall performance, and
b. its performance in relation to particular premises or activities, in a way which makes it clear to which activities or premises a particular rating relates.
6. But paragraph (5) does not apply where the service provider’s performance at its principal place of business, or at the premises of which it is part, is itself subject to a separate performance rating given by the Commission (in which case paragraphs (3) and (4) apply).
7. Any sign displayed, or anything shown on a website, under this regulation must—
a. be legible,
b. be displayed conspicuously in a place which is accessible to service users, and
c. for each rating shown, show the date on which it was given by the Commission.
8. This regulation does not apply to any premises that are—
a. the service provider’s own home, except where service users have access to it for the purposes of receiving services provided in the carrying on of a regulated activity, or
b. a service user’s accommodation where such accommodation is not provided as part of the service user’s care or treatment.
6 Section 46 of the 2008 Act was substituted by section 91(2) of the Care Act 2014.