Nexus Health Group are seeking to recruit a Document & Results Management Administrator. The role is to ensure that the flow of documents and results coming in and out of Nexus is maintained to the required standard. To support Nexus to develop positive and effective working relationships and communication systems between Nexus and stakeholders, and lastly to ensure patients are informed of any outcomes of their care as directed by the clinical team. The successful candidate will be based a Princess Street Practice.
• To ensure that the flow of documents and results coming in and out of Nexus is maintained to the required standard.
• To support Nexus to develop positive and effective working relationships and communication systems between Nexus and stakeholders.
• To ensure patients are informed of any outcomes of their care as directed by the clinical team.
MAIN DUTIES RESPONSIBILITIES
• Input patient clinical and or social information from external providers into the practice clinical system, adhering to the practice policies and read codes.
• Process all results received adhering to the practice policies and read codes.
• Communicate with doctors on what action to take for certain medical letters.
• Use base knowledge of anatomical and physiological terms to find relevant codes.
• Enter coded information accurately and consistently.
• Update patient information held on the practice clinical system as required.
• Scan clinical letters, reports, referrals etc. into the system, process scanned documents according to the practice policies and procedures.
• Process screening notifications- Mammograms & Bowel Screening- ensuring correct coding and where appropriate correspondence sent to patient.
• Process administrative queries and request from clinicians and patients.
• Liaise with hospitals as required in regard to discharge, results, clinic letters etc.
• Responsible for the management of the incoming post, ensuring all post is opened, stamped, and distributed to the appropriate team in a timely manner.
• Arrange follow up contact as required adhering to practice policies.
• Give patients and clinicians information as required by practice protocol.
• Update clinical records wherever necessary and in accordance with practice guidelines.
• Assisting GPs with queries relating to clinical document management.
• Assist in producing information for clinical audit as required.
• Provide support to the Clinical Management team and wider practice as and when needed.
• To highlight to the Document and Results Management team supervisor any areas identified to improve service delivery.
• To deal with queries associated with the role.
• Undertake other administrative tasks within the role if required.
The post-holder will:
• Abide by the procedures and policies of Nexus Health Group.
• Maintain patient and data confidentiality.
• Work within the guidelines set by Nexus to ensure that the practice is safe, efficient and provides the best possible care for patients.
• Work in accordance with agreed standards of service delivery and within the team policies, procedures, and protocols.
• Ensure correct governance processes are adhered to in the handling and management of patient records and use of the electronic patient appointment system.
• Maintain integrity in compliance with patient confidentiality and the Data Protection Act 2018.
• Comply with the policies and guidelines around medical records.
• Ensure accurate read codes are used when entering data into the patients electronic records held within the Nexus clinical system.
• Be proficient with a variety of electronic record systems required to undertake this role.
• Appropriately use practice equipment including IT software.
• Use initiative and good judgement at all times.
• Work effectively with the rest of the team in delivering the full scope of the Service.
• Work professionally within Nexus Health Group and liaise competently at all times to ensure the best possible patient experience.
• Communicate effectively with other team members.
• Communicate effectively with patients, and carers.
• Be prepared to involve a senior member of staff where appropriate.
• Work closely with the IT team to ensure all systems are operational.
• Undertake any mandatory training as appropriate to the post and as directed.
• Identify own personal training opportunities and inform line manager, keeping up to date with knowledge and practice.
• Participate in Nexus Appraisal process to identify and discuss professional needs.
• Communication will take place by way of meetings, phone calls, written communication, and E-mails.
• Empathy and insight are required during communication with patients and staff.
• Recognise the need for alternative methods of communication to overcome different levels of understanding and cultural background.
Continue Learning and Development
• As a continually developing service, the role will be subject to change. Therefore, the post holder must be comfortable working in a dynamic and changing environment and be willing and flexible to support their colleagues and line managers in delivering and developing a high- quality service.
• As part of personal and organisational development feedback how the service is functioning and suggest ways of improving it.
• Assist in the development of resources for the practice e.g. local service guide.
• Identify and maintain own personal development.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
Partners, GPs, Nurse and Medical Leads, Caldecott Guardian.
Director of Operations and Senior Operations Manager.
Operations Managers & Team Leaders and teams/staff within Nexus.
Leads and staff within centralised functions (e.g. IT, Data, Telephony, HR, Finance).
Patients, CCG, NHS provider/partner organisations, GP Federation, and other relevant NHS bodies
CQC, Royal Colleges and other regulatory or professional bodies
Public Health England and other local Authority bodies or functions.
• In the course of your employment you will have access to confidential information relating to Nexus Health Group business. You are required to exercise due consideration in the way you use such information and should not act in any way which might be prejudicial to the Nexus Health Group interests.
• Information for extra consideration includes access to the general business of the practice and any information regarding individuals.
• Information relating to patients, carers, colleagues, other healthcare workers, or the business of Nexus Health Group may only be divulged to authorised persons in accordance with the practice policies and procedures relating to confidentiality and the protection of personal and sensitive data.
• If you are in any doubt regarding the use of information in the pursuit of your duties, you should seek advice from your line manager before communicating any information to any third party.
DATA PROTECTION ACT
• Employees must be aware of the Data Protection Act (DPA) 1984.
• You must not at any time use the personal data held by Nexus Health Group for any purpose not described in the registry entry or disclose to a third party.
• It is essential that a strict code of confidentiality is adhered to all times.
• All dealings within Nexus Health Group remain strictly confidential and the post- holder would be expected to maintain confidentiality at all times during employment and also after employment has ended with the Nexus Health Group.
• If you are in any doubt regarding what you should or should not do in connection with the DPA then you must contact your line manager.
• Is advised that the job description describes responsibilities as they are currently required, and these are subject for review and updating in the light of changing service needs. Any changes will be subject to consultation as part of the annual appraisal.
• Should be aware that job descriptions are not fixed although every effort is made to ensure that the responsibilities reflect what you are being asked to do. However, by the nature of the business that Nexus Health Group undertakes this demands flexibility in order to provide a service to our patients. The job title and description may be amended, and you may be asked to undertake additional duties not specified that may be reasonably required.
• May be expected to work at any of the medical practice sites in line with service needs.
• To provide cover in the absence of other members of staff including reception.
• Must at all times carry out his/her responsibilities with due regard to the Nexus Health Group Equal Opportunities Policy.
• Is expected to participate in the practice performance appraisal scheme and to contribute to their own personal development and the development of any staff they are responsible for including timely completion of mandatory training.
• Is expected to follow the Nexus Health Group’s general standards of performance and behaviours.
Skills/ Qualifications/ Experience Level
• Minimum 3 GCSE grade A –C (or equivalent) to include English Language, or relevant experience.
• Background of working in a Health Care setting.
• IT proficient.
• Emis trained.
• Medical Terminology trained.
• Experience of working in the NHS and primary care.
• Experience of summarising medical record.
• Attention to detail.
• Time Management.
• Organised and effective time management.
• Knowledge of Medical Terminology.
• Good working knowledge of IT systems.
• Working knowledge of Emis or other medical Database system.
• Communication and relationship skills.
• Confident and accurate keyboard skills.
• Adherence to confidentiality rules.
• Accurate spelling.
• Able to provide support and cross cover at all levels.
Communication / Influencing
• Self-motivated and pro-active team player with good interpersonal skills.
• Flexible and adaptable.
• Open and honest.
• A ‘can do’ attitude.
• Demonstrates ability to be diplomatic and sensitive.
• Professional and positive.
• Self-awareness and personal professional development.
• Adhering to Nexus core values.
• Able to develop local networks.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: £20,531.30 per year