The Westwood Surgery is looking for a new salaried GP. Our greatest asset is our team, and everyone’s voice is heard. We look out for each other, play to our strengths, and all pitch in when someone is having a tough day. Could you be the right person to join us? Let me introduce you…
First, our GPs: Currently three partners and two salaried doctors, who between us have special interests in diabetes, respiratory conditions, frailty & palliative care; hold clinical and leadership roles beyond the practice; train GP registrars; inject joints and fit long term reversible contraception; and provide medical services to residents of two large care homes.
We are well supported by a paramedic practitioner, PCN pharmacist, and team of practice nurses. On the non-clinical side, we have a care navigator who keeps a watchful eye on our most vulnerable patients, an efficient administrative team and cheerful, friendly receptionists who sort out most queries and problems at the front desk. Not forgetting, of course, our excellent practice manager who keeps tabs on everything and ably steers us in the right direction. They all brilliantly adapt to our evolving appointment and workflow systems to ensure we are responding to the needs of our patients and our team.
The small print:
• We are a young, future facing practice team who are consistent early adopters, participating in pilot projects for staff development, service transformation and digital innovations. If you have an idea, we will listen to it.
• We are a training practice, well able to support recently qualified GPs in their early career development. We would particularly like to welcome an additional qualified or aspiring GP trainer, or someone interested in women’s health (and we could offer in house training for LARC).
• Steadily growing population of 9500 patients is a mix of long term resident families and younger commuters, so we get to know many of them well.
• We aim to be a flexible employer – we know life is as important as work and we try to accommodate everyone fairly. We can consider applications from GPs looking for between 4 and 8 sessions a week.
• Extended hours commitment minimal – average one evening a month each – and our paramedic practitioner covers most of our home visits.
• Weekly clinical team meeting with regular input from wider MDT
• 6 weeks annual leave plus study leave (pro-rata), BMA standard contract with indemnity paid and NHS pension
• Salary £10,500 per session
• Capped administrative workload for salaried clinicians
• Location offers a green London suburb with central London on one side and the peaceful hills of Kent the other, great opportunities for families including grammar schools, and facilities for pretty much any hobby you fancy!
So, if we sound like your cup of tea, please get in touch – contact practice manager Janet Borthwick to arrange an informal discussion or to apply.
0208 693 2727