Directorate of Primary Care Strategy
We have an experienced team of Directors of Primary Care Strategy (DPCS) who assist individual GPs and their practices as well as individual LMCs in negotiating locally with PCTs on contractual issues. The DPCS also aim to ensure that GPs are represented at all times in the planning and delivery of primary care business by PCTs.
DPCS also advise all stakeholders on any contractual schemes, policies or initiatives devolved from the Department of Health, via PCTs, into general practice and on any local agreements necessary for the provision of medical services.
Local negotiation is undertaken through various formats, the most common being a regular meeting with the local PCT, known as the Standing Joint Liaison Committee (SJLC). Our team of DPCS also provide support to our LMC structure as well as organising various forums for training LMC Chairs, Practice Managers and Practice Nurses.
DPCS are, in turn, supported by an experienced team of Committee Liaison Executives (CLEs).
Committee Liaison Executives support the DPCSs, Medical Directors/LMC Secretaries, LMC members and GPs in their committee work and communication with a wide range of other health-related bodies.
Our Directors of Primary Care Strategy can be contacted as follows:
- Jane Betts, Barnet, Bexley, Enfield, Greenwich and Haringey, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Greg Cairns, Camden, City and Hackney, Islington , Newham, Tower Hamlets, Redbridge and Waltham Forest, email@example.com
- Julie Freeman, Lambeth, Lewisham, Southwark, Sutton and Merton and Wandsworth, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Andy Michaels, Brent, Ealing, Hammersmith & Fulham, Harrow, Hillingdon, Hounslow, Kensington, Chelsea & Westminster, email@example.com
- Gill Rogers, Brent, Ealing, Hammersmith & Fulham, Harrow, Hillingdon, Hounslow, Kensington, Chelsea & Westminster, firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, our Committee Liaison Executives can be contacted as follows:
- Ann Ayamah, Brent, Hammersmith & Fullham, Hillingdon and Kensington Chelesea and Westminster email@example.com
- Jenny Foley, SE London, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jackie Peake, Bromley, email@example.com
- Nicola Rice, Harrow and NC London, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stuart Pick, SW London, Ealing and Hounslow email@example.com
Select from the drop down to find your Local Medical Committee (LMC).
We provide expert guidance for practices in our guidance section, as well as an archive of other materials you may find useful.
Try our great new search function to find what you are looking for.