We have gathered together the guidance relating to this autumn’s Covid vaccination campaign for ease of reference. New or recently updated guidance has a date next to it, longstanding guidance which is unaltered from previous years does not.
Patient facing guidance
- COVID-19 vaccination: autumn booster resources, published 18 August.
- First bivalent COVID-19 booster vaccine approved by UK medicines regulator, published 15 August.
- COVID-19 vaccination: consent forms and letters for care home residents
- COVID-19 vaccination: booking an appointment letter
- COVID-19 vaccination: consent form and letter for adults
- COVID-19 vaccination: consent form for children and young people or parents
- COVID-19 vaccination: consent form and letter for social care staff
Guidance for professionals
- Patient group direction for Spikevax® Original/Omicron COVID-19 vaccine, published 24 August.
- National protocol for Spikevax® bivalent Original/Omicron COVID-19 vaccine, published 24 August.
- Autumn COVID-19 booster and flu vaccine programme (letter), published 18 August.
- COVID-19 vaccination enhanced service specification for autumn/winter 2022 for general practice.
We are also aware of a number of challenges highlighted by practices, particularly around capacity given the demand for routine care and other vaccination campaigns expected to run at the same time. We have been raising these on behalf of practices, including in this message from Dr Michelle Drage, our CEO.