2022/23 flu vaccination resources
We have gathered together the guidance relating to this autumn’s flu campaign for ease of reference. New or recently updated guidance has a date next to it, longstanding guidance which is unaltered from previous years does not.
Patient facing guidance
- Protect your child against flu – information for parents and carers of children in primary school or pre-school, updated 23 August.
- Protect yourself against flu – information for those in secondary school, updated 23 August.
- 5 reasons to vaccinate your child against flu poster for primary schools and pre-schools (poster).
Guidance for professionals
- National protocol for inactivated influenza vaccine, updated 25 August.
- Autumn COVID-19 booster and flu vaccine programme (letter), published 18 August.
- Influenza vaccination programme: Enhanced service Seasonal influenza vaccination collaboration agreement, published 16 August.
- Enhanced service specification: Seasonal influenza vaccination programme 2022/23, published 16 August.
- Enhanced service specification: Childhood influenza vaccination programme 2022/23, published 16 August.
- Flu vaccination programme 2022 to 2023: information for healthcare practitioners, updated 10 August.
- Flu vaccines: 2021 to 2022 flu season (poster), updated 10 August.
- Flu immunisation training recommendations, published 5 August.
- National flu immunisation programme 2022 to 2023 letter.
We have been in contact with Sequiris and Viatris (formerly Mylan), both have stock available for ordering. This is following concerns about stock levels raised with us by practices when the eligible cohorts were expanded in mid-July.
We are also aware of a number of challenges highlighted by practices, particularly around capacity given the demand for routine care and other vaccination campaigns expected to run at the same time. We have been raising these on behalf of practices, including in this message from Dr Michelle Drage, our CEO.