This summer will see LMC elections in all the boroughs within Londonwide LMCs and in Brent we are keen to encourage new members to nominate themselves for election for the new term in September 2023. Nominations are open from 24 April to 26 May, any GP on the National Performers List who does the majority of their sessions in Brent or one of the other areas covered by Londonwide LMCs can stand.
Online lunchtime networking events on 10 and 11 May from 1:00-2:00pm offer an opportunity to learn more about LMC membership. To attend one please email firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 8 May, saying which day you would prefer. There are a number of different events and support for members including networking events, developmental meetings and different training opportunities including media training.
If anyone practicing in the borough would like more information, or to invite one of the current committee to come and talk to your GP group, please email email@example.com. If you are interested in having someone speak to a group, please give some details about the group, including when and where it meets as we would ideally want to get any such outreach session scheduled in by mid-May at the latest.
Please also share this email with colleagues and ensure they all check that Londonwide LMCs have an up-to-date email address and the correct borough they practice in, so they can be included in the election process. If a GP is unsure of whether their details are up to date they should email firstname.lastname@example.org with their name and details of the practice where they do the majority of their sessions.
A reminder of your current members:
- Dr Prakash Chatlani, Chair, Roundwood Park Medical Centre/ Harness South PCN
- Dr Milind Bhatt, Vice Chair, Sunflower Medical Centre/ Harness North PCN
- Dr Amanda Craig, Staverton Surgery/ Kilburn Partnership PCN
- Dr Dhanusha Dharmarajah, The Law Medical Group Practice/ K&W West PCN
- Dr Michael Edbury, Stanley Corner Medical Group/ K&W West PCN
- Dr Neeta Ghosh-Chowdhury, Hilltop Medical Practice/ Harness South PCN
- Dr Alan Jumaily, Kings Edge Medical Centre/ K&W North PCN
- Dr Jahan Mahmoodi, Hazeldene Medical Centre/ K&W West PCN
- Dr Rammya Mathew, Kings Edge Medical Centre/ K&W North PCN
- Dr Mihir Oza, Sudbury & Alperton Medical Centre/ K&W West PCN
- Dr Ashwin Patel, Preston Medical Centre/ Harness North PCN
- Dr Nisheeth Rajpal, Preston Medical Centre/ Harness North PCN
- Dr Fazal Khan, Sessional GP/VTS Representative, Shaftesbury Medical Centre/Harrow
- Collaborative Network
- Ms Shahla Jamal, Practice Manager representative, SMS Medical Practice/Harness North PCN
- Ms Arti Patel, Practice Manager representative, Hazeldene Medical Centre/ K&W West PCN
Brent LMC has been busy engaging with different stakeholders on a number of different issues as follows:
- Health Inequalities LES – Practices can still sign up if they haven’t done so.
- The LMC are working with the Borough team and CNWL regarding ongoing issues with Mental Health services including Single Point of Access.
- Provide feedback to ICB to ensure Local Services meet patients needs.
- The North West London Estates Review
- North West London Enhanced Services Single Offer 23/24.
- Brent LMC members attend a monthly meeting with the NWL PCN-CD Group, to interact on issues of mutual concern.
GPAS has been developed to monitor the ability of general practice to cope with current demands. It will enable the LMC to advise the ICS/ICB within an area that general practice as a whole, rather than at an individual practice level, is either starting to struggle to provide appropriate levels of care or is no longer able to maintain full GP services. It can be compared to the OPEL (Operational Pressures Escalation Levels) system used by Ambulance and Hospital Trusts. Importantly this data remains entirely anonymous, and we will report by locality and pan-ICS only.
GPAS will become increasingly difficult to ignore as it gets rolled out across the country and ultimately LMCs and GPC will have access to a national dashboard which we will all be contributing to. We need practices to provide us with a named person and deputy to send the emails to and for practices to complete a weekly form that consists of six simple questions. The form will take a few minutes to complete, and think of the benefits being able to show this to the wider system.
If you want to learn more, Dr Elliott Singer, Project Director for GPAS and Medical Director at Londonwide LMCs will be leading the following GPAS sessions: Wednesday 26 April 12-1pm; Wednesday 28 June 12-1pm; and Wednesday 26 July 12:30-1:30pm. Please email LEAD@lmc.org.uk and for further information contact email@example.com.
Thank you for those of you who contact LMC committee members about issues as they arise. We rely on you to identify where support is needed and are grateful for your queries. LMC members are keen to hear from our local GPs and practice teams about any issues you are facing.
Dr Prakash Chatlani, Chair – Brent LMC