New guidance issued over the last month largely relates to changes in advice around the use of the AstraZeneca vaccine, and licensing of the Moderna vaccine.
Lots of guidance relating to the AstraZeneca vaccine has been issued or updated in April, following concerns about the risk of blood clots and subsequent MHRA advice on this risk.
- Patient information leaflet, updated 15 April 2021.
- Healthcare professional information leaflet, updated 15 April 2021.
- Conditions of Authorisation, updated 15 April 2021.
- Summary of the Public Assessment Report, updated 15 April 2021.
- Information for healthcare professionals on blood clotting following Covid-19 vaccination, updated 9 April 2021.
- MHRA confirms that people should continue to receive the Covid-19 vaccine AstraZeneca, updated 7 April 2021.
- MHRA issues new advice, concluding a possible link between Covid-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca and extremely rare, unlikely to occur blood clots, published 7 April.
The Moderna vaccine has now been approved for use and is currently being provided at three sites in London. If and when it is made widely available to GP run sites, we will provide further updates.
- Patient information leaflet, updated 19 April 2021.
- Patient Group Direction, updated 19 April 2021.
- Regulatory approval documents, updated 19 April 2021.
- National protocol, updated 8 April 2021.
- Letter from the JCVI on use of the Moderna vaccine in the Covid-19 immunisation programme, published 7 April 2021.