Data protection law changes in 2018. Practices need to be ready for the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which comes into force on 25 May 2018.
NHS guidance on what practices need to do is expected to be issued next month, but there are some helpful resources you can use now to get ready. These are listed below:
- Changes to data protection legislation: why this matters to you (NHS Digital)
- Frequently asked questions (NHS Digital)
- GDPR webinar (NHS Digital)
- Guidance for the health sector (Information Commissioners Office (ICO))
- Getting ready for the GDPR (ICO)
We will keep you updated on developments.
Last updated : 23 Jan 2018