Voting is open for the election of General Practitioners Committee (GPC) regional representatives for 2023-2026 for two of the London GPC regional constituencies:
- Brent, Harrow, Hillingdon, Ealing, Hammersmith & Hounslow. Dr Michelle Drage is the incumbent and is standing for re-election.
- Bexley, Bromley, Greenwich, Lambeth, Lewisham, Southwark. Dr Penelope Jarrett is the incumbent and is standing for re-election.
To be eligible to vote in a constituency, you must be one of the following:
- a GP engaged exclusively or predominantly in providing personally or performing NHS primary medical services for a minimum of 52 sessions distributed evenly over six months in the year immediately before election,
- a GP on the doctors’ retainer scheme, or
- a medically qualified LMC secretary.
The GPC now run all their elections through the BMA online election process and BMA members will be able to vote through their online accounts. For any eligible GPs who wish to vote but are not BMA members, you can register for a web account for the purpose of the election.
Voting is open from Thursday 2 March at 12pm to Thursday 30 March at 12pm.
If you experience any problems when voting please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your GMC number and the region you wish to participate in, this applies to both BMA members and non-members.
More details of the elections can be found on the BMA website.