The videos feature 11 general practice healthcare professionals from across the Capital including GPs, nurses and pharmacists.
Each video seeks to reassure a specific patient group that general practice is open; reminding the public to make appropriate use of general practice, reassuring parents regarding concerns about childhood illness, and encouraging the elderly and others who are eligible for the NHS flu jab to not miss out on their vaccination.
The contributors are all London practitioners.
The videos are designed to be seen directly by the public on social media or can be reused by practices as part of their own information campaigns. Despite the pressures of winter illness, Covid-19, flu and vaccination, general practice is open for business – albeit with new infection control measures.
We are also happy for you to share them directly via any of your own channels, as long as they remain in their original format, including branding.
The videos will be available on our YouTube channel, and we will post regularly on our Twitter and Facebook feeds throughout December.
The first video has already been posted to our Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn accounts:
We would like to thank the following GPs and healthcare professionals who gave up their time to contribute to the campaign:
- Dr Alexander Lai, Joint Chair, Wandsworth LMC
- Amira Iddi, Practice Nurse Development Facilitator
- Charisma O’Rourke, Health & Social Care Coordinator / Healthcare Assistant
- Dr David Mummery, Vice Chair, Hammersmith and Fulham LMC
- Mrs Gurjit Cholia, Practice Nurse/Nurse Prescriber
- Dr Kapil Kotecha, Vice Chair, Hounslow LMC
- Lorraine R Gobin, Nurse Manager
- Nasrin Chowdhury, Pharmacist, Trainee ACP
- Dr Tamara Hibbert, Chair, Newham LMC
- Dr Vinay Patel, Chair, City and Hackney LMC
- Zuzana Khan, ANP And Nurse partner