The most important pieces of guidance released for general practice since our November 2021 newsletter are:
- Regulatory approval of Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine for COVID-19 and Regulatory approval of Spikevax (formerly COVID-19 Vaccine Moderna) (MHRA guidance), 15 minute observation period temporarily suspended, updated 14.12.2021.
- Preparing the NHS for the potential impact of the Omicron variant and other winter pressures (NHS England letter), published 13.12.2021.
- CQC confirm postponement of GP inspections until 2022, published 13.12.2021.
- JCVI advice in response to the emergence of the B.1.1.529 (Omicron) variant: next steps for deployment, published 3 December.
Other pieces of guidance that may be of interest are grouped below.
Covid-19 response guidance
- Working safely during coronavirus (COVID-19), updated 12.12.2021.
- NHS Covid Pass, section for people who have been vaccinated overseas, added 09.12.2021.
- National protocol for Comirnaty® Covid-19 mRNA vaccine, updated to version 4.0, 08.12.2021.
- Myocarditis and pericarditis after Covid-19 vaccination: guidance for healthcare professionals, study and weekly MHRA summary links, updated 07.12.2021.
- JCVI advice in response to the emergence of the B.1.1.529 (Omicron) variant: next steps for deployment, published 03.12.2021.
- CMO letter re: Omicron variant, published 28.11.2021.
- Prime Minister sets out new measures as Omicron variant identified in UK, published 27.11.2021.
Covid vaccination guidance
- Patient group direction for Comirnaty® (Pfizer BioNTech), updated 08.12.2021.
- Temporary GP contract changes to support Covid-19 vaccination programme, published 07.12.2021.
- Vaccination as a condition of deployment (VCOD) for healthcare workers: Phase 1 – Planning and preparation, published 06.12.2021.
- Covid-19 vaccination programme, IoS payments updated, 03.12.2021.
- Covid-19 vaccination: a guide for eligible children and young people aged 12 to 17 (version 3), updated 02.12.2021.
- Covid-19 vaccination: a guide to booster vaccination for individuals aged 18 years and over and those aged 16 years and over who are at risk, updated 01.12.2021.
- Covid-19 vaccination: guide for people with a weakened immune system, updated 01.12,2021.
- All adults to be offered Covid-19 boosters by end of January, published 30.11.2021.
- Covid-19 vaccination: a guide to booster vaccination for individuals aged 18 years and over, published 30.11.2021.
- MHRA statement on expansion of the Covid-19 vaccination booster programme, published 29.11.2021.
- JCVI advice on Covid-19 booster vaccines for those aged 18 to 39 and a second dose for ages 12 to 15, published 29.11,2021.