We would like to take this opportunity to introduce ourselves as the Co-Chairs of the Hammersmith and Fulham LMC alongside our Vice-Chair Dr David Mummery. This is the first of what will be a regular series of newsletters. Everyone on the LMC recognises the increasing pressures that general practice is under and are committed to try and address some of the pressures by helping practices and PCNs reduce the unfunded work they are doing and to challenge workload shift which is unsafe for both patients and practice staff.
Your current LMC members are (contact can be made via the Londonwide LMC team details at the end of this letter):
Hammersmith and Fulham LMC
- Dr Kyla Cranmer, HFP@Park Medical Centre, Co-Chair
- Dr Seth Dassanayake, The New Surgery, Co-Chair
- Dr Marini Edwards, Sessional GP
- Dr David Mummery, Sessional GP
Hammersmith and Fulham LMC is looking for GPs to join the committee. We are looking for new members to contribute to the work of the committee and benefit from the insights it brings to the changing structure of general practice and primary care. If you are looking for a new opportunity to be involved in the politics of general practice in Hammersmith and Fulham, or want more information, please contact email@example.com.
The LMC’s local priorities include the need for services requiring input from general practice to be co-designed by GPs and practice teams. Services need to be funded and resourced appropriately so that patients are safe and practices are not making a loss by delivering a service. LMC members will continue to engage with stakeholders to campaign for this. General practice needs to speak with a unified voice to ensure that practices and patients’ needs are considered in planning services at a borough and North West London level.
LMC engagement at a borough level
- At the recent Hammersmith and Fulham LMC/CCG Liaison Committee the LMC members participated in discussions with the CCG to discuss the new national contract DES. The Borough Team confirmed that any services above the national specification was an aspiration on their behalf and PCNs would not be obliged to provide them. They also confirmed that the national template for PCN DES plans would be accepted.
- Co-Chair Dr Cranmer attends Primary/Secondary Care Interface Meetings – convened with Imperial College NHS Healthcare Trust and Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust – to improve secondary primary care communication. Please send through any issues experienced with secondary care for us to raise at these meetings.
- We will be seeking to engage with Hammersmith and Fulham’s Director of Public Health, to work together on public health issues relating to primary care.
LMC engagement at a North West London level
- The LMC is engaging with North West London Estates Review, seeking to ensure the needs of GPs and their practices are taken into account and ensure fit for purpose premises will be available in the future.
- Hammersmith and Fulham LMC members attend a monthly meeting with the NWL PCN-CD Group, to interact on issues of mutual concern.
Thank you for those of you who contact LMC committee members about issues as they arise. We rely on you to know where support is needed and are grateful for your queries. LMC members are keen to hear from our local GPs and practice teams about any issues you are facing.
Dr Dr Kyla Cranmer
Dr Seth Dassanayake
Hammersmith and Fulham LMC
Londonwide LMCs’ NWL Team
- Ian Oakley, Committee Liaison Executive, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr Paul Park, LMC Secretary/Medical Director, email@example.com
- Lesley Williams, Assistant Director of Primary Care, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cathy Winfield, Director of Primary Care, email@example.com