This report is a flexible summary, with the aim of sharing and highlighting a wide range of data and policy information relating to London general practice published in a given week. Where we view information to be of significant interest it is reproduced directly below the links to make the key points quicker to digest.
Please feel free to share any useful stats/links you think we could include in future reports.
- All recent data releases can be seen here.
- Data: Patients Registered at a GP Practice [14/9].
- 62,700,851 Patients Registered at GP practices in England.
- 53,906 more registered patients as at 01 September 2023, compared to 01 August 2023.
- Data: Number of cancers by Diagnosis Trust 2017-2020 [14/9].
- Video: What we’re doing to help women with endometriosis [14/9].
Department of Health and Social Care
- Press release:£200 million to boost NHS resilience and care this winter[14/9].
- Press release: Government to meet health experts to prepare NHS for winter [13/9].
Office for Health Improvement and Disparities
- Data: Excess mortality in England and English regions [14/9].
Office for National Statistics
- Data: Centenarians living in England and Wales in 2021 [18/9].
- On Census Day in 2021, there were 13,924 centenarians living in England and Wales, a 24.5% increase from 2011.
Policy, think tanks, charities and representative bodies
- Event: Ensuring virtual wards are a positive option for the future [28/9].
- Article: Supporting and retaining GPs through compassionate curiosity [13/9].
Institute of Public Policy Research
Institute of Fiscal Studies
- Blog: Time to scrap the English NHS Bursary [14/9].
- Article: Time to stop talking about strategy? [12/9].
- Event: Can the next government afford the NHS? [02/10].
- Article: What does the NHS Adult Inpatient Survey tell us about patient experiences, in the context of increased waiting times? [12/9].
- Confidence and trust in doctors and nurses remain high, with 81% and 79% saying they ‘always’ had confidence and trust in doctors and nurses respectively.
Camden and Islington NHS Foundation Trust
- Article: Barnet, Enfield and Haringey Mental Health NHS Trust and Camden and Islington NHS Foundation Trust have been working in a formal Partnership for the last few years to improve care offered across the five boroughs. They are now known as the North London Mental Health Partnership (NLMPH) [15/9].
The Hillingdon Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
North Middlesex University Hospital NHS Trust