This report is a flexible summary, with the aim of sharing and highlighting a wide range of data and policy information relating to London general practice published in a given week. Where we view information to be of significant interest it is reproduced directly below the links to make the key points quicker to digest.
Please feel free to share any useful stats/links you think we could include in future reports.
- All recent data releases can be seen here.
- Data: Network Contract DES (MI) – August 2023 [23/9].
- Data: Primary Care Dementia Data [21/9].
- 473,086 people had a recorded diagnosis of dementia on 31 August 2023, an increase of 3,407 patients since 31 July 2023.
Department of Health and Social Care
- Press release: Government considers minimum service levels in hospitals during strikes [23/9].
Policy, think tanks, charities and representative bodies
- Blog: Moving care closer to home: three unanswered questions [20/9].
- Report: The NHS budget and how it has changed [20/9].
- Article: Ten teams to be part of new innovation programme exploring how technology can enable care at home and in the community [21/9].
- Report: Empowered, connected and respected: a vision for general practice at scale and primary care networks [18/9].
- Report: A vision for community pharmacy [19/9].
Healthcare Financial Management Association
- Report: How finance teams are helping to reduce health inequalities [15/9].
- Blog: Why meeting patients’ communication needs is crucial [19/9].
Camden and Islington NHS Foundation Trust
- Article: Haringey Transitions Team lead the way in innovating co-production [19/9].
The Hillingdon Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Article: Development of the North West London Elective Orthopaedic Centre [18/9].
Kingston Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Article: On Saturday 16 September and Sunday 17 September, staff in Kingston Hospital’s planned care services worked to give an extra push to outpatient work and electives [18/9].
- An additional 456 outpatients were seen.