This report is a flexible summary, with the aim of sharing and highlighting a wide range of data and policy information relating to London general practice published in a given week. Where we view information to be of significant interest it is reproduced directly below the links to make the key points quicker to digest.
Please feel free to share any useful stats/links you think we could include in future reports.
- All recent data releases can be seen here.
Department of Health and Social Care
- Press release: Government commits to updating NHS constitution to ensure privacy and dignity for women receiving care [3/10].
- News:Government to invest £30 million in innovative technology for NHS[3/10].
10 Downing Street
- News: Prime Minister to create ‘smokefree generation’ by ending cigarette sales to those born on or after 1 January 2009 [4/10].
Policy, think tanks, charities and representative bodies
- Article: Unsustainable workload, part-time working and portfolio careers: results of the GP trainee survey [6/10].
- Article: Enabling the workforce plan ambitions by focusing on recovery [5/10].
- Press release: Response to the Prime Minister’s announcement of smoke-free measures [4/10].
- Article: Smoking v Calories: Has Rishi got it Wrong? [6/10].
- Data: 44% of Britons think weight loss drugs should be available on the NHS [3/10].
Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust
Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust
Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust
- Article: Children’s cancer public consultation [6/10].
Kings College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Article: New electronic patient record goes live [5/10].
- Joint go-live of the new system across King’s and Guy’s and St Thomas’ is the biggest ever single go-live of Epic’s electronic patient record anywhere in the world.
Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust