his report is a flexible summary, with the aim of sharing and highlighting a wide range of data and policy information relating to London general practice published in a given week. Where we view information to be of significant interest it is reproduced directly below the links to make the key points quicker to digest.
Please feel free to share any useful stats/links you think we could include in future reports.
- All recent data releases can be seen here.
- Article: NHS England launches tech trials to boost health and care connectivity [21/8].
- Report: Network Contract DES (MI) – July 2023 [24/8].
- Data: Primary Care Network Workforce [24/8].
- Data: General Practice Workforce [24/8].
- 35,897 FTE GPs – 1.8% (640) more than July 2022
- 27,177 FTE Fully qualified GPs (excludes GPs in Training Grade) – 1.2% (330) fewer than July 2022.
- 26,543 FTE Qualified permanent GPs (excludes GPs in Training Grade and Locums) – 1.0% (267) fewer than July 2022.
General Medical Council
- Article: Sexual harassment in healthcare must stop – new GMC standards for doctors make clear [22/8].
- Zero tolerance of sexual harassment, including clear definitions of what constitutes it and an expectation that doctors who see such behaviour will act, will be included for the first time in new professional standards issued by the General Medical Council.
UK Health Security Agency
- Article: Around one in eight new students unprotected against meningitis [23/8].
Office for Health Improvement and Disparities
- Guidance: Migrant health guide [25/8].
Policy, think tanks, charities and representative bodies
- Report: Creating better health value: understanding the economic impact of NHS spending by care setting [23/8].
- Blog: How to manage population health across an integrated care system, by Claire Fuller [25/8].
Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust
- Article: New acute mental health ward opens in Brent [24/8].
Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust
- Article: New IT platform prioritises “hidden risk” diabetes patients [24/8].
London North West University Healthcare NHS Trust
- Article: The trust will unveil its new electronic patient record later this month which will modernise and improve patient care [22/8].
Whittington Health NHS Trust