This report is a flexible summary, with the aim of sharing and highlighting a wide range of data and policy information relating to London general practice published in a given week. Where we view information to be of significant interest it is reproduced directly below the links to make the key points quicker to digest.
Please feel free to share any useful stats/links you think we could include in future reports.
- All recent data releases can be seen here.
- Publication: Patient Online Management Information (POMI) [26/10].
- Data: Primary Care Network Workforce [26/10].
- Data: NHS Workforce Statistics [26/10].
- 5% (67,350) more NHS Hospital & Community Health Service staff in July 2023 than in July 2022.
- 5% more clincally qualified staff.
- Data: Appointments in General Practice [26/10].
- 32.6 million appointments in September 2023.
- 39.7% were same day.
- 88.7% were attended.
- 70.7% were face-to-face.
- Data: General Practice Workforce [26/10].
- 1.1% more FTE GPs than September 2022.
- 0.9% fewer fully qualified FTE GPs.
- 0.7% more nurses.
UK Health Security Agency
- Press release: UKHSA urges those celebrating Diwali to get vaccinated against flu and COVID-19 [23/10].
- Article: GMC responds to NHS England’s update on the Long Term Workforce Plan [24/10].
Policy, think tanks, charities and representative bodies
- Event: The King’s Fund annual conference 2023: A health and care service fit for now and for the future [for 1-2/11].
- Blog: The Autumn Statement: playing with fire? [25/10].
- Blog: Questions of trust? Exploring the national data opt-out rate [27/10].
- Report: The hidden waitlist [26/10].
- This paper estimates that the total number of people currently waiting for follow up appointments at acute trusts stands at more than 11 million. This is 3.6 million more than the elective waitlist.
- Article: Trusts develop innovative approaches to tackling social determinants of health [12/10].
- Four NHS trusts in the UCLPartners region have been showcased for their innovative approaches to tackling health inequalities through their work to address factors affecting the Social Determinants of Health.
- Data: The economy and inflation remain the country’s biggest concerns, closely followed by the NHS [23/10].
- Data: Anxiety and mental health: which markets have the most diagnoses? [25/10].
- 32% of GB adults said they had been diagnosed with a mental illness.
Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust
Barts Health NHS Trust
Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Chelsea and Westminster Hospital introduces AI-powered solution for cataract surgery patients [23/10].
Kingston Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children NHS Foundation Trust
Hounslow and Richmond Community Healthcare NHS Trust
The Hillingdon Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust
University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust