- All recent data releases can be seen here.
- Data: Patients-to-GP ratio, covered by the Daily Mail [9/6].
- Jai Medical Centre in North West London has the second highest patient to GP ratio: 37,929 patients for one FTE GP.
- 76% of England’s GP surgeries exceed the safe threshold.
- Data: Autism Statistics, April 2022 to March 2023 [8/6].
- Data: Mental Health Services Monthly Statistics [8/6].
- Data: Primary Care Dementia Data [8/6].
- 460,518 had a recorded diagnosis of dementia on 30 April 2023, a monthly increase of 11,742.
Department for Health and Social Care
- Article: 4 million checks, tests and scans carried out by CDCs [9/6].
- London region: 553,000 checks, tests and scans since July 2021.
- Article: Heat-Health Alerts issued by UKHSA and the Met Office [8/6].
- Article: New drugs pilot to tackle obesity and cut NHS waiting lists [7/6].
Office for National Statistics
- Data: Coronavirus and the estimated impact on hospital episodes involving falls and fractures [6/6].
- The number of hospital episodes involving falls decreased during the national lockdowns but increased above the modelled expected number when lockdown measures were lifted.
General Medical Council
- Article: Healthcare leaders must embrace equality, diversity and inclusion [7/6].
- Article: Training breaks viewed positively by educators as well as doctors, new research shows [9/6].
Policy, think tanks, charities and representative bodies
- Report: Support Guaranteed: The Roadmap to a National Care Service. The report was launched at an event with Wes Streeting MP, the Shadow Secretary of State for Health and Social Care but is not an official Labour party policy document [8/6].
- Report: Leading for all: supporting trans and non-binary healthcare staff [6/6].
- Article: NHS Confederation responds to NHS performance statistics for May 2023 [8/6].
Asthma + Lung UK
- Research: Outer London’s worst asthma hotspots revealed, covered by the Evening Standard [8/6].
- 80% of GP surgeries are not currently in the capital’s Ultra Low Emissions Zone.
- 24 out of the 30 GP surgeries with the highest rates of asthma prevalence are in outer London.
- Southall has 23% of the top 30 GP practices in London where asthma treatment is most prevalent.
- Meadow View in Ealing is the most badly affected clinic in outer London with an asthma prevalence rate of 10.7 per cent. Camden Health Improvement Practice is also badly affected with 9.8 per cent asthma prevalence amongst patients, while Nursing Home Services in Ealing has the third highest rate with 8.6 per cent of people affected.
Association of Directors of Public Health
- Article: Obesity ‘pill’ is not the answer [7/6].
- Report: Left behind: Exploring the prevalence of youth worklessness due to ill health in different parts of the UK [5/6].
- 23% workless young people are not working because of ill health, up from 8% in 2012.
- Just 1.7 per cent of young people in Inner London were too unwell to work in 2020-2022, compared to 5.1 per cent in parts of the North East.
Institute of Public Policy Research
- Blog: Beyond devices and connectivity: the human factors of digital health care [6/6].
- Blog: Struggling to be heard: understanding the experience of disabled people in England [6/6].
- Long read: Leading for population health: clinicians’ perspectives [7/6].
- Article: Health Foundation response to Fabian Society report on social care [8/6].
- Article: Patients are paying the price for the failure to address workforce shortages [8/6]
- Data: Do you think the NHS should or should not recruit trained nurses from the poorest countries? [6/6].
Barts Health NHS Trust
Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust
- Event: Run with your doctor [24/6].
King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Article: King’s College Hospital selected as a site for a promising stem-cell therapy study for Type 1 Diabetes [6/6].
- Trisha Greenhalgh, Professor of Primary Care at Oxford University, criticises the GMC’s position on doctors spreading false information on social media in this thread.