This report is a flexible summary, with the aim of sharing and highlighting a wide range of data and policy information relating to London general practice published in a given week. Where we view information to be of significant interest it is reproduced directly below the links to make the key points quicker to digest.
Please feel free to share any useful stats/links you think we could include in future reports.
- All recent data releases can be seen here.
- Data: Patients Registered at a GP Practice [12/10].
- 106,801 more registered patients as at 1 October 2023, compared to 1 September 2023.
- Data: Fit Notes Issued by GP Practices [12/10].
- 2,551,348 fit notes were issued in Q1 2023-24, a decrease of 10,351 (0.4%) compared to Q1 2022-23.
- London had the lowest regional rate per 100,000 registered patients – 1,652 fit notes.
Policy, think tanks, charities and representative bodies
- Event: Population health: an opportunity to transform health and care [for 18/10].
- Event: The King’s Fund annual conference 2023: A health and care service fit for now and for the future [for 1-2/11].
- Article: Political pledges on the NHS need to be backed with long-term solutions [12/10].
- Report: Supporting general practice at scale: fit for 2024/25 and beyond [11/10].
- Blog: How trusts can prevent inequalities in mortality [11/10].
- Blog: Seven reasons we need better LGBTQ+ visibility in the NHS [11/10].
- Speech: Wes Streeting, Shadow Health Secretary, at Labour Conference [11/10].
- Data: 35% of Britons say they have had to take time off work due to stress in the past year [10/10].
Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Article: Help us stop the spread of winter bugs: Advice for patients and visitors [10/10].
Epsom and St Helier University Hospitals NHS Trust
University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Article: Lynch Surveillance Hub opens at UCLH [10/10].