Salary: £26,000 pro rata + benefits
Joining our vibrant membership organisation representing over 7,000 NHS general practitioners and 1,300 practice teams in London, Londonwide LMCs provides pan-London leadership and shared committee services for its members, working from its modern headquarters in Euston.
This is a particularly challenging and rewarding time to be working in health communications in the Capital and we are seeking a corporate communications professional to join a dynamic communications, media and marketing team to help make the case for London general practice.
Reporting to the PR and Media Manager, you will be responsible for:
- identifying information of use to GPs and their practice teams to go in our newsletter, and writing/editing it into clear copy
- managing our social media channels,
- creating and scheduling multimedia content
- Identifying ways to drive engagement
- formatting and sending out updates using our email marketing system and database
- assisting with pitching media stories and answering enquiries
- monitoring traditional and social media to produce a daily media round-up and monthly analytics reports
- providing administration support to the communications and marketing team
To be successful, you will be able to apply multimedia skills gained from at least a year working in a communications setting and/or from a relevant degree subject. Ideally you will have experience of:
- Identifying the components of a successful news story or media campaign
- Writing and editing copy
- Applying design principles and graphic design
In return, we offer a salary of £26,000 pa plus employers contributions of 16% of salary into the group personal pension scheme. Other benefits include 25 days’ annual leave and flexi time.
The full job description and person specification can be downloaded here.
Please apply with a CV and covering letter explaining how you demonstrate the skills and experience required for the role to Marie Vassallo (Marie.Vassallo@lmc.org.uk).The deadline for applications will be midday on Monday 6 March 2017 however the post may close earlier if there are a very high number of responses. Interviews are planned for Tuesday 14 March 2017.
Shortlisted candidates only will be contacted after 7 March 2017.