In recent parliamentary appearances, Mr Brine has:
- Spoken in support of limiting GPs’ list sizes and reintroducing the personal list,
- Stated that a focus on prevention is needed to ensure the funding for the NHS does not become ‘unsustainable’,
- Called for a ‘ruthless focus on the wider primary care landscape’ to ensure that services like pharmacy and ophthalmology are the ‘front door of the NHS’,
- Voted and spoken in support of an amendment calling for independent NHS workforce projections, in opposition to his own government, and
- Supported the mandatory vaccination of all NHS workers, but rebelled against the Government on Covid passports.
Londonwide LMCs welcomed Mr Brine to his new role on the day he was elected.
Congratulations @BrineMP. We hope you will work with representatives of grassroots general practice to raise issues affecting GP practices and the patients they care for, at a time of record demand and shrinking staff numbers. https://t.co/4waESamxud
— Londonwide LMCs (@LondonwideLMCs) November 2, 2022