The NHS England board meeting on 27 June discussed various aspects of primary care and notable points included:
- The NHS Standard Contract now require community health services to be configured in line with PCN footprints.
- PCNs are expected to “…decide their own long-term future: take responsibility for securing a new generation of partners, or by default (rather than choice) become salaried to other NHS providers.”
- STPs will be given money to support PCN development, with plans for a selected number of PCN accelerator sites being abandoned.
- NHS England expects to publish a PCN development support prospectus later this summer, including support specific to PCN clinical directors.
- Feedback is being sought on proposed changes to the way digital first practices work, which we detail here.
- A new Premises Policy has been published, more details here.
- The full papers for the NHS England Board meeting can be found here.
Last updated : 16 Jul 2019