12 month fixed term contract initially.
Londonwide Local Medical Committees (LMCs) is the membership organisation representing over 7,000 NHS general practitioners and 1,300 practice teams in London. Londonwide LMCs provides pan-London leadership and shared committee services for its members, working from its modern headquarters in Euston.
We are recruiting a Primary Care Liaison Executive to work as part of a team to support LMC Members and Constituents, acting as a central co-ordination point to the GPs within our central London offices. You will be part of a team covering London but you will have particularly close links to an identified geographical area. The Primary Care Team assists GPs and their practices, as well as individual LMCs, in negotiating locally on contractual issues. They also aim to ensure that GPs are represented at all times in the planning and delivery of primary care services.
This position will require you to have:
- Strong interpersonal skills at all levels, and the ability to build relationships with constituents and external stakeholders
- Pro-actively support members and constituents, responding to enquires, and following up actions.
- Communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders.
- Co-ordinate the work of five committees ensuring that all planning and preparation is in place.
- Produce action based meeting records which reflect discussions and decisions.
- Assist in identifying and resolving issues affecting the effectiveness of LMCs.
- Provide support to projects and priority work areas.
- The ability to build your skills and knowledge of the NHS and General Practice
You will have strong written, verbal communication and relationship building and stakeholder management skills. Committee and NHS or primary care experience would be an advantage however having an interest in health and the ability to develop knowledge in this environment are just as important. You should be highly organised and able to prioritise effectively. Intermediate Microsoft office skills are essential to the role, as is the ability to work on your own initiative.
Londonwide LMCs hold the Investors in People Silver award and offers career development and support. The package includes 25 days annual leave, flexi time and employers pension contribution of 16% of salary.
The full job description and person specification can be downloaded here.
Please apply with a CV and covering letter explaining how you demonstrate the skills and experience required for the role to Marie Vassallo (Marie.Vassallo@lmc.org.uk). The deadline for applications will be midday on Monday 13 March 2017 however the post may close earlier if there are a very high number of responses.
Interviews are planned for Monday 27 March 2017.
Successful candidates only will be contacted after 14 March 2017.