From the 1 October eRS will be the only route for GP to Consultant-led first outpatient appointments, as part of the Standard Contract 2018/2019. However, Trusts have staggered paper switch-off dates before October 2018 after which they will return all non-eRS referrals including those sent my email. Please note this does not apply to diagnostics and community referrals.
NHS England has issued new guidance for managing referrals including a list of FAQs which address issues such as two week wait referrals.
June paper referral switch-off dates
- St George’s University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust: June 2018
- Croydon Health Services NHS Trust: June 2018
- Kingston Hospital NHS Foundation Trust: June 2018
July paper referral switch-off dates
- Barts Health NHS Trust: July 2018
- Hillingdon Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust: July 2018
- Kings College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust: July 2018
- Epsom and St Helier University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust: July 2018
Please note other trusts in London have their switch off dates in August and September 2018, while some have already having switched off paper referrals.
If you are having issues regarding training and support in the lead up to Trust switch off dates, or around availability of online appointments please contact your CCG IT lead in the first instance. If they are unable to resolve these in a timely manner please make your local LMC aware.
Last updated : 20 Jun 2018