The UK LMC Conference was held in Belfast on 19-20 March. A full list of the motions proposed and carried can be found here.
Motion 22 from Tower Hamlets LMC, calling for GPs to be supported if they do not wish to ask the immigration status of their patients and for the part of the registration form which includes to be removed. This was carried in its entirety.
Other issues debated included:
- The role and formation of Primary Care Networks.
- GPs being asked to do inappropriate work by secondary care, such as caring for patients with complex mental health needs.
- Employment conditions for GPs working in a variety of roles.
- The importance of retaining GMS/PMS/APMS contracts rather than switching to any alternatives which are being proposed.
- Challenges around data-sharing and information security.
Last updated : 09 May 2019