The aim is to help GPs, nurses and practice managers understand and be better prepared for the challenges associated with this rewarding career choice. If you are interested in learning more about the working pattern and financial flexibilities of modern partnerships before deciding whether the course is for you, we have more details here.
Londonwide LMCs’ Aspiring to partnership programme is delivered using a modular approach which means that individuals can sign up to the parts that best suit their learning needs, although many will wish to attend the full compliment.
Following a successful the pilot with North East London Training Hub in November 2023, we are rolling out the training more widely. We have been commissioned by South East London Training Hub to provide a cohort starting at the end of February 2024 and we have also had enough interest from individuals to host a self-funded cohort starting in June 2024.
Course content and delivery
The course comprises of six modules:
- GP regulation and NHS England
- Practice finance
- Practice development
- Practice premises
- Due diligence and partnership agreements
- Team leadership and HR
The programme has been developed by experienced GPs, including GP partners, accomplished practice managers and knowledgeable field experts so that it is tailored specifically to general practice. It is composed of five interactive half-day virtual sessions using the Zoom platform and a final half-day face-to-face session.
Delegate participation is at the centre of how the workshops run, to enable attendees to fully benefit from the valuable training provided. Anyone who signs up can expect informative discussions with their peers and our expert trainers, allowing you to get information and advice on what matters to you.
Due to the nature of the virtual sessions, we allow a maximum number of 30 delegates per session. This helps to ensure the sessions are an intimate, interactive, confidential and safe environment. Where the course is commissioned by a local training provider the final face-to-face session will run in that area. Delegates will need to have working cameras and microphones and be in a safe stationary location to be able to be active in the sessions.
If commissioners or practices are interested in purchasing the full programme or any of the modules, delivery dates for a self-funded cohort and costs, they can contact Kayleigh Taylor, Project Manager on: email@example.com.
Those who attended the well received pilot said:
- “A highlight was meeting members of the Londonwide LMCs team and knowing that we can reach out and connect.”
- “A clearer understanding of financial matters pertaining to partnership was a highlight.”
- “Excellent presenter, kept engaged despite a very heavy topic [practice finances], but really well taught and learnt a lot.”
- “As always, a well delivered, engaging and truly helpful session.”
- “A really valuable topic and course.”
- “All the modules I have attended have been very insightful and informative.”
- “It is a brilliant session, it is giving me good learning on partnerships. I wish we were taught this at medical school.”
- “Excellent presenters, nice balance of theory and interaction.”
- “Really good course for anyone who is thinking of partnership or a new partner. Really good content and topics.”