This unique blended learning programme has been written by experienced practice nurse educators for practice nurses. The course is academically accredited by Middlesex University, 20 credits at level 6.
Who is it for?
- Registered adult nurses
- Nurses entering general practice for the first time
- Practice nurses wishing to update their skills following a break
- Those on a career path within a practice or those who are nurses in another field and looking to follow a career in practice nursing
How does it work?
The programme is made up of various components:
- Eight online units with multiple-choice questions
- Two full day taught days
- One practice-based competency document
- One 4,000 word written project
What does it cover?
- Finding your feet in general practice
- General treatment room skills
- Emergency situations
- Immunisations and vaccinations
- Long-term conditions
- Sexual health
- Mental health
- Career development
- Be a registered adult nurse
- Have placement time within a practice with an appropriate contract/agreement
- Be supported within practice by being given time to attend both taught days
- Be supported within practice by being assigned an experienced practice nurse who can mentor the student and sign off the competency document
- Have a good level of English
What does it cost?
The cost of the programme is £1200 plus VAT for the one year course.