In recent years premises ownership and leasing have become increasingly complex and Londonwide LMCs are receiving more requests to assist with premises issue. With this in mind we are running a series of presentations from experienced premises professionals to explain five topics.
These events are free to people working at practices in the areas covered by Londonwide LMCs and are primarily aimed at practice managers and GP partners, but may be applicable to others with a role in managing their practice’s premises. The events do not have to be taken as a complete series, attendees can book just the ones they feel are most relevant to them.
Click through to each event for booking details:
9 November – Notional Rent and its effect on market value
- Improve your understanding of the link between notional rent reimbursement and the Value of the surgery, including how to optimise the reimbursement.
16 November – Sale and leaseback
- Learn options for releasing equity in the premises, opportunities to undertake improvements and getting the best lease terms.
- Gain a practical understanding of how lease terms can impact the occupation and use of the premises as well as the income and value.
30 November – The importance of regular partnership valuations
- Understand what factors can affect value and how small changes to income, the market etc can make a difference. Content includes: sub-lettings, updating outstanding rent reviews, lease terms for underleases and third party occupation.
14 December – When is a lease required?
- Learn the importance of putting a lease in place, including agreeing terms, getting NHS England approval and understanding liabilities for maintenance and repairs.