This is the second of what will be a regular series of newsletters.
Your current LMC members are (contact can be made via the Londonwide LMCs team details at the end of this message):
Hammersmith and Fulham LMC
- Dr Kyla Cranmer, HFP@Park Medical Centre, Co-Chair
- Dr Seth Dassanayake, The New Surgery, Co-Chair
- Dr Marini Edwards, Sessional GP
- Dr David Mummery, Sessional GP
- Dr Maira Salman, North End Medical Centre
Hammersmith and Fulham LMC is looking for GPs to join the committee. We are looking for new members to contribute to the work of the committee and benefit from the insights it brings to the changing structure of general practice and primary care. The next election for a full two year term will be in the summer of 2023. If you are looking for a new opportunity to be involved in representing general practice in Hammersmith and Fulham, or want more information, please contact email@example.com .
Recent and current areas where LMC committee members are engaged at a borough level:
- At the recent Hammersmith and Fulham LMC-ICS Liaison Committee the LMC members participated in discussions with the ICS to discuss the new national contract DES. The Borough Team confirmed that all PCN plans had been accepted by them and were going to the NWL ICB for approval. The Borough Team noted the positive co-operation between themselves and the Borough’s PCNs. None of the PCN plans have Sunday or Bank Holiday openings and this is in line with the national DES and its funding envelope.
- Co-Chair Dr Cranmer attends Primary/Secondary care Interface Meetings – convened with Imperial College NHS Healthcare Trust and Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust- to improve secondary primary care communication. Please send through any issues experienced with secondary care for raising at these meetings. Please feel free to attend also, as the more GPs the present, the better, the dates and links for the remaining meetings in 2022 are here:
- AccuRx. Londonwide LMC has highlighted that the central NWL ICS team has decided to end funding for AccruRx. Londonwide LMC campaigned for the NWL ICS to reverse this decision, due to the utility of the service to practices. This was highlighted in the Hammersmith and Fulham Liaison meeting and other forums. The NWL ICS has now agreed to fund AccuRx at least until April 2023.
- Workforce Returns. It is part of the national contract that practices make monthly workforce returns, even when there have been no staff changes. This has been raised by NWL ICS and ultimately breach notices may be issued. Therefore we would remind all members to log in monthly and make a return.
- Hammersmith and Fulham LMC members attend a monthly meeting with the NWL PCN-CD Group, to interact on issues of mutual concern.
Thank you for those of you who contact LMC committee members about issues as they arise. We rely on you to know where support is needed and are grateful for your queries. LMC members are keen to hear from our local GPs and practice teams about any issues you are facing.
Dr Kyla Cranmer, Co-Chair – Hammersmith and Fulham LMC
Dr Seth Dassanayake, Co-Chair-Hammersmith and Fulham LMC
Londonwide LMCs’ NWL LMC Team
Ian Oakley, Committee Liaison Executive, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr Paul Park, LMC Secretary/Medical Director, email@example.com
Lesley Williams, Assistant Director of Primary Care, firstname.lastname@example.org