NHS England and Public Health England have produced further resources for practices to assist with managing concerns around coronavirus (Covid-19).
These were released yesterday (4 March 2020), we strongly advise practices to update the various communications channels covered by the new guidance to ensure patients are getting consistent and up-to-date information.
The new document includes:
- Waiting room posters.
- A phone system script, online booking system message and SMS template, covering not attending at the practice and contacting NHS 111 if a patient believes they have been exposed to coronavirus.
- Text for websites, including:
- If there are confirmed coronavirus cases in the local area.
- If the practice needs to close for cleaning.
- If a member of staff has had to self-isolate.
- If a member of staff has tested positive for coronavirus.
The full document, including links to online resources, can be downloaded here.
Last updated : 07 May 2020